Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise came into force after the MSMED Act, 2006 by the Government of India. They play a crucial role in the country’s economic development. The Initiative behind starting the MSMEs in India is to create a competitive environment, encourage small businesses and boost the economy. MSMEs are classified into 2 sectors namely Manufacturing and Service Sectors as per their annual turnover investment.
Be well versed with the details such as MSME Registration Proelcess Online and Offline, How to Check MSME Registration by Number and Name, Documents Required, Benefits, etc.
MSME Full Form – Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprise
- MSME Registration Process
- How to Check MSME Registration by Name and Number?
- How to Download Udyog Aadhar Registration / MSME Certificate Online?
- Documents Required for MSME Registration
- Benefits of MSME Registration
- FAQs on MSME Registration
You can do the Registration Process Online or Offline at your convenience. They are as follows
How to Register an MSME Online?
- Visit the official website of MSME i.e. msme.gov.in
- If you are registering for the first time you can click on the first link in the Udyam Portal
- Fill in the necessary details such as Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Social Category, Gender, MSME Number, Investment Amount, etc.
- Collect the Documents required for the Registration.
- Submit the Application Procedure.
- The verification process can take up to 2 Working Days.
- After approval of the application, registration is completed.
- Later, MSME Certificate is delivered to your doorsteps.
Note: One should ensure that actual information is provided throughout all the supporting documents such as Aadhar card, Pan card and so on. Suppose if you have any information mismatched on your Aaadhar card, then you should update your details by applying for an Aadhar card correction.
- Visit the official portal of MSME and take a printout of the application form
- Fill in the necessary info such as Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Gender, MSME Number and Investment Amount, etc.
- Upload the relevant documents on the portal and then submit the application.
- The verification process might take around 2 days.
- Once your application is approved registration is done.
- You will receive your MSME Certificate at the comfort of your home.
Follow the simple steps provided below to verify your MSME Registration Status by Number or Name.
- To Check the MSME Registration Status one needs to visit the official portal msme.gov.in
- Enter the 12 Digits UAM Number followed by the verification code displayed in the captcha image.
- Click on Verify to know the Registration Status Online.
- In order to print the Udyog Aadhar Registration Certificate Click Here and fill in the respective details
- Applicant needs to fill up their 12 digit UAM Number.
- Also, fill up the Mobile Number as per the Udyog Aadhar Certificate.
- Once you submit these details you can easily download your MSME Registration Certificate.
MSME Udyam Registration Process is completely online and doesn’t require any documents uploading. However, before applying for MSME Registration proprietor or owner needs to have the following documents. They are
- Aadhar Card
- PAN Card
- The basic business activity
- Bank account number
- NIC 2 digit code
- Turnover details (as per new MSME definition)
- Investment details (Plant/equipment details)
- Partnership deed
- Copies of licenses and bills of purchased machinery
- Sales and purchase bill copies
MSME Form is created to present information in the framework of the outstanding payments
MSME Registration provides you with plenty of benefits under the MSME Scheme of Government.
- It is easy to avail bank loans registered under the MSME.
- Small Businesses registered under the MSME can use this scheme to increase employment opportunities, as well as the production of goods.
- MSME Registration Certificate acts as a legal entity proof and you can open a business account easily.
- Government benefits those under MSME to participate in international and national trade affairs.
- Registration Charges and Stamp Duties are waived off for small enterprises.
- Small Businesses working towards society improvement can have income tax exemptions.
- MSME Scheme Holders are eligible for reimbursement under Bar Code Registration.
- MSME-certified enterprises are given preference in Government Tenders and all.
- Business Owners under this scheme will be given an exception of 50% in the Patent Registration Fees which is usually quite expensive.
- Enterprises having MSME Udyog Aadhar Certificate can get concession in electricity bills.
1. Who is Eligible for MSME Registration?
HUF, Partnership Firm, Proprietorships, One Person Company, LLP, Private Limited Company, Producer Company, Limited Company, co-operative societies, any association of persons, or any other undertaking are eligible for MSME Registration.
2. Is MSME registration free?
Udyam (MSME) Registration is free of cost and you can do it online or offline. Any Authorized agents can’t charge money for the MSME Registration.
3. How long does it take to get MSME certificate?
It might take around 2 days to get the MSME Certificate.
4. How can I check my MSME Registration?
You can check your MSME Registration Status by simply visiting the portal. Ente 12 digit UAM number and verification code as in captcha image and click on verify.
5. Can an Individual Register for MSME?
No, an individual can’t register for MSME. Only Businesses or Enterprises can register for MSME.