Procedure To File Form 61, Form 61 B and Form 15 CC: Form 61 is the statement of records that form a part of the declaration received in form 60 of the Income-tax Act. In contrast, form 61 B is a statement of records from reportable accounts under section 285BA (1) of the Income-tax Act. On the other hand, form 15 CC is a Quarterly statement that is to be filed by an authorised dealer in relations to transactions completed by them under rule 37BB of the Income-Tax Act of 1962.
All the three forms mentioned above act as an important statement for the generation of ITDREIN. ITDREIN is the short or abbreviated form of Income Tax Department Reporting Entity Identification Number. It is sixteen character alphanumeric identification code issued by the Income Tax department against reporting entity. The identification code comprises PAN/TAN, form code, reporting entity, and sequence code. The identification code is represented in the following manner:
- XXXXXXXXXX represents the PAN or TAN number of the reporting entity.
- Y denotes the Form code.
- Z represents the code of the reporting entity.
- NNN denotes the code of the sequence number.
This article will discuss ITDREIN code, form 61, form 61 B, and Form 15 CC.
There are certain services that are only available to ITDREIN users. These services are uploading and viewing form 61, form 61 B, and form 15 CC. To avail of these services, one has to generate the ITDREIN code and to do so, and one can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: First and foremost step is to visit the e-filing portal of the Income-tax department.
- Step 2: Once the website opens, enter your User ID and password to access your account.
- Step 3: Once you get access to your account, click on “My Account” and then click on “Manage ITDREIN”.
- Step 4: A new window will open displaying a “Generate new ITDREIN” button; click on it to generate the ITDREIN code.
- Step 5: A new pop-up will open asking for a form type and reporting entity category. Select both the options from the drop-down menu.
- Step 6: Based on the form type and reporting entity, the ITDREIN will be generated, following which the user will be able to upload and view the corresponding form.
- Step 7: Click on the “Generate ITDREIN” button, following which a successful message will be displayed on the screen.
If a user selects form 61 B in the form type, they have to enter additional details like GIIN, Regulator type, Reporting entity type, and Registration number. After entering the details, the user can easily generate an ITDREIN code.
One can also add an authorised person for a generated ITDREIN code and form. You can follow the steps below to add an Authorised person for your ITDREIN.
- Steps 1: Visit the online e-filing portal of the income tax department and login into your account by entering your user Id and Password.
- Step 2: Once you get access to your account, go to “My Account” and choose “Manage ITDREIN”.
- Step 3: Once you choose the option, a new window will open, displaying your generated ITDREIN. Click on the link provided in the ITDREIN column to add an Authorised person.
- Step 4: On the following window, click on the “Add Authorised Person” button to continue.
- Step 5: A new window will open asking for the details of the authorised person. Add all the details and click on the “Add Authorised Person” button. If the form type selected is form 61 B, the user must select the authorised person type. The option is not available for form 61 or 15 CC.
- Step 6: Once you have clicked on the “Add Authorised Person” button, a successful message will be displayed on the screen, and the user will receive a confirmation mail or message on the registered e-mail id or phone number.
- Step 7: Another confirmation mail with an activation link will also be sent to the Authorised Person. Once the Authorised Person receives the mail, they have to activate the account using the link.
- Step 8: once the link has been activated, the authorised person can access the details of the ITDREIN thus generated.
The following are the steps that one can follow to upload their forms on the ITD portal easily:
- Step 1: first and foremost login on to your e-filing account using your ITDREIN code and Authorised person’s PAN number and Password.
- Step 2: The user will be allowed to upload and view the form as per the form type and reporting entity selected during the registration.
- Step 3: Next, click on “E-file Upload form ZZZ”. Here ZZZ represents the form name.
- Step 4: A new window will open asking for Reporting entity PAN, reporting entity category, form name, and date. Enter all the details and click on the “validate” button.
- Step 5: Once the validation is completed, upload the Zip file for the corresponding form.
- Step 6: Once you upload the file, a successful message will be displayed on the screen, and a mail with the transaction Id will be sent to your registered email id.
- Step 7: The record will then be validated, and the result will be displayed on your account within 24 hours of the transaction.
- Step 8: if the file is rejected, you can also view the reason for the rejection.
One can also view forms after their successful validation. Follow the steps given below to view forms:
- Step 1: Visit the income tax e-filing portal and login into your account using the ITDREIN code and password.
- Step 2: On the current window, go to “My Account” and click on “View form”.
- Step 3: In the next window, enter the details such as PAN and form name and click on “view details”.
- Step 4: Click on the “transaction no.” to view details of the transactions.