Pre-validate Bank Account on Income Tax e-Filing Portal: Several ways are there to verify your e-return, one of which is using bank account details. This option comes in handy when you do not have a mobile number registered in your Aadhar card and do not use net banking, which is the most commonly used method for verifying income tax return.
- Various Benefits of Pre-Validating Bank Account
- A Stepwise Guide for Pre-Validating your Bank Account
You can use it to generate an EVC code to verify your income tax return even if net banking is not activated on your bank account. Having a mobile number and email register with your bank is the only requirement.
You can use the option to reset the password using PAN and your bank account number using the OTP of the mobile number linked to the bank account.
Sometimes Income Tax Department withholds your refund and asks you to verify your bank account by sending a cancelled cheque with address proof before processing the high value. If you have a pre-validated bank account, you do not need to send a cancelled cheque. This also helps in the efficient processing of refunds.
A higher security option for logging in can be activated on the e-filing portal of Income Tax using your PAN number, password, and the OTP sent to your mobile number linked to the bank account.
Step 1: Log in to the Income Tax Portal
Step 2: Select the Profile Settings and then select ‘Pre-validate Your Bank Account’.
Step 3: If you do not possess a pre-validated bank account, you will find an option to add your bank account details. The following bank details need to be entered to pre-validate your account:
- Your Bank Account Number
- Your IFSC Code
- Name of the Bank
- Your Mobile Number
- Your Email ID
Note: You are must enter the mobile number and email address that is registered with your bank.
Step 4: Click on the ‘Pre-validate’ button after the required information is entered. You will receive a confirmation.
Note: You will be able to validate only those bank accounts which are linked using the same PAN number.
Step 5: If you have entered the correct details, your account will get pre-validated immediately.
- To check the status of the request, go to ‘Profile Settings’ and click on the ‘Pre-validate Your Bank Account’ option:
- If it shows ‘Validated’, the bank account details are accurate and validated.
- If it shows ‘Validated and EVC enabled’, the bank account details are validated, and the bank account is qualified for EVC.
- When requesting an EVC code, you will find it on the mobile number registered with the bank for this account.
- If it shows ‘Validation Failed’, then the PAN is not linked with your bank account, or the details entered are faulty.
Note: Multiple bank accounts can be added or removed. However, only a single bank account can be in use when generating the EVC code.