LIC e-Service Registration: The full form of LIC is Life Insurance Corporation of India. LIC is one of India’s most popular insurance companies, which provides various types of services and products to life insurance seekers. Since LIC is offering various services to their customers, the officials have come up with an e-service portal to simplify their customer service. Ever since the LIC e-service portal was introduced by the officials, all the LIC service functionalities can be availed online by customers without visiting the material office physically.
But it is to be noted that any customer who wants to avail of the LIC e-services online will have to first register themselves online on the e-service portal of LIC. The LIC e-Service registration process is quite complicated for novice users. Thus to help you with that, here is a detailed article on How To register for the LIC e-services portal. Read on to find out more.
Who Can Register For LIC Online e-Services?
- All the existing LIC policyholders can register for LIC e-services.
- If the LIC policy is purchased for his/her minor child, then any of the Parents can register on behalf of their minor child.
- A policyholder who has purchased multiple policies cannot register multiple times. Any policyholder can register only once in the LIC portal for e-services.
Documents Required For LIC e Service Registrations
The list of documents required before LIC e Service Customer Registration are listed below:
- Valid Photo ID Proof (Pan Card, Aadhar Card, Passport)
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- LIC Policy Details
How to Register for LIC e-Services Online?
The steps to register online for LIC e-services online are given below:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of LIC: www.licindia.in.
- Step 2: Move to the “Online Services” tab and select “Customer Portal.”
- Step 3: Now, you will be directed to the LIC E-Service Portal. Here click on the “New User” button.
- Step 4: A pop appears, and click the “Yes” button.
- Step 5: Now, you will have to enter the details such as Policy Number, Installment Premium, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, Email Number & Gender.
- Step 6: Tick the check box reading ”
click on “Proceed“.
- Step 7: A new page will open with your details. You will have to print the form and sign the same.
- Step 8: After signing the Form, you will have to upload the scanned image of the form in the portal.
- Step 9: Apart from the scanned form, upload a scanned copy of the PAN Card or Aaadhar Card or Passport.
- Step 10: Now, you will have to select the “User ID” and “Password” as per the LIC e-Portal specifications.
- Step 11: Soon, the officials will send you a welcome message to your email address and mobile number along with login credentials.
- Step 12: Now login with the help of your LIC e-Service credentials.
- Step 13: As soon as you log in to the LIC e-service portal, you will be able to access various services such as Basic Services, e-Services, and Premier Services from the portal.
Benefits of Registering LIC e-Service Portal Online
It is always time-consuming when you try to get service offline in the offices because of the long queues and improper communication. And that is the main reason, why the LIC e-Services portal came into the picture. The list of benefits that can be availed by the customers by registering to LIC e-services are given below:
- By registering on the LIC e Service website, one can keep a record of his/her LIC Policy status.
- Customers will be able to track and process the next premium dues from time to time.
- Any policyholder can simply pay his premium amount online which is far better than standing in the long queues in the material office.
- If a customer has enrolled for a LIC policy, he/she can check the status of the same through the e-service portal.
- Also, a customer has a feature where he/she can simply buy the LIC policy without assisting any Agent or third party.
- As soon as the customer pays his premium dues, the challan or receipt will be instantly provided which is time-consuming if you pay premium dues in the offices.
- The LIC e-portal is very safe and no personal information about the customer will be breached to third parties.
- The best part of the LIC e-Service portal is that you can avail all these services for free of cost.
What Services Can Be Used If you Register for Online LIC e-Services?
With the introduction of the Online LIC e-service portal, customers can access any LIC services online at their doorsteps. The list of services that can be accessed by the LIC e-service customers are given below:
- Premium Payments Online: Any policyholder registered under LIC e-service can simply pay their premium online from time to time.
- Check Policy Status Details: e-service customer can check their policy status details.
- Loan Status Details: If any loan applied, then they can check if the loan is approved or not. Also, they can make use of the portal to apply or close the loan which needs to be availed or available.
- Claim Status Details: If any claims have been processed to the policyholder, then he/she can check their claim status details online through the LIC Eservice portal.
- Adding Nominees: Customers can update, add or modify their existing nominees.
- Information About LIC Products: The portal helps the customer with fair knowledge about all the products and services provided by LIC.
- Complaint Registration: Through the e-service portal, the customer can also file complaints or register grievances if they find any.
- Policy Condition Details: Customers will be able to check if their LIC Policy is in force, lapsed, etc., through the online portal.
Types of LIC e Services Registrations
There are namely 3 types of registrations for LIC e-Services and they are given below:
LIC e-Service Agent Registrations
Any individuals who wish to serve as an Agent will have to fill the LIC Agent Registration form. For this, he/she can visit the nearest bank and take up the agentship under the LIC. And any agent who wishes to provide his service to clients online can simply head to LIC Agent Login. If the agent doesn’t have the LIC Agent Portal, then he/she can register for the same through the LIC e-service Agent Portal.
LIC Existing Policy Holder e-Service Registrations
The only criteria to register for LIC e-services policyholders is that the customer should have enrolled for a LIC policy. The steps to register for the same have been provided in the previous section of the article in detail.
Also, few individuals would get confused that if they are having multiple policies then they will have to register multiple times, which is not true. They can get all their policy details under the “Registered User” Login details themselves.
LIC e Service New Registrations for New Users
Any user, who wishes to register under LIC e-service must have enrolled for a LIC policy. After enrolling for a LIC Policy, he/she will have to click on the “New User” and provide all the necessary details. Once the registration is successful e-Service portal, then he/she can access the services online.
FAQs On LIC e-Service Registrations
The frequently asked questions on Online LIC e Service Registartions are given below:
Q. How can I see my LIC policy details online?
A. Any individual will be able to see their LIC Policy details online through the e-service portal if they have registered. After logging into the portal, click on “Services Account of LIC” and you will be able to see your policy details online.
Q. How can I check my LIC policy without registration online?
A. Without LIC e-service registrations, one cannot see his/her policy details online. However, customers have the provision to check their details by sending SMS to 56767877 from a registered mobile number to check the policy details.
Q. Can I get LIC statement online?
A. All the customers who have registered under the LIC e service portal can generate premium statement receipts whenever needed.
Now that you are provided with all the necessary information about Registrations of LIC e Service Portal and we hope this detailed article is helpful to you. If you have any queries, please ping us through the comment box below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.