How to get UAN Missing Details Updated by Employer: UAN stands for “Universal Account Number.” We have created a UAN profile. To withdraw or transfer your EPF account, you have to update your PAN Card Aadhaar Card with your EPF Account (As it is now mandatory to link your Aadhaar Card and PAN Card). But most of the employees can not be able to update their details. They are capable of updating their changed Mobile Number, Email ID, and other KYC documents. But can not update their missing information. To make changes in missing details, the employee can request to the employer. Further, an employer can update the UAN missing details. Updating the missing information does not require the permission of the EPFO Regional office etc.
Check your UAN Profile and Find the Missing Details
You have to visit ‘View -> Profile’ to see your details. Let us take an example of the missing element of the employee’s Father/Husband name and the relation. So, at the time of withdrawal, the employee shows up with the pop-up notification that “Please, update your Father/Husband’s name in member details through your employer or unified portal.”
If you have missed any one of the information (like):
- Marital Status,
- Father’s Name or Husband’s Name,
- Date of joining,
- Date of birth, etc
Then you might not update or activate your UAN profile, and hence, you can not withdraw online and update KYC.
Sadly these updates can not be updated by the employee or yourself, but the employer can update the missing details and then approve it.
EPF members can check PF missing details at the UAN portal. In the UAN portal on the right-hand side, we have Member Profile Details to contain the essential missing information there.
You can request your employer to update your missing details. Every employer has the right to add or edit employee’s missing information with the help of the employer portal.
Employer Updates The Missing Pieces of Information In Employee’s UAN Profile
The employer has the company login ID and password through which the employer can access the UAN website and make changes to the respective employee’s missing details.
The employer search for the employee using their UAN Account number or PF Account Number.
The employer and the employee have a different website to access.
Information is available in four tabs (These tabs are open on the employer website):-
- Missing Details
- Mark Exit
The employer can make changes by visiting the Missing Detail tab. After entering the invoice, the employer clicks on the ‘Update Missing Details.’
By clicking on ‘UPDATE MISSING DETAILS,’ a notification pops up “following data updated successfully” written on it. Then website asks to approve the missing details of the employee by the employer. After the employer ratifies the details of the respective employee on the website, the website then starts showing the remaining missing information. The employer can view the changes by clicking on “View PDF.” After all the changes, the employer clicks on the “Approved” button.
The final message, “Missing details approved successfully,” appears on the screen. Digital signatures are not required to approve the unified PF.
- If the EPF member is eligible, then he or she can withdraw the PF amount within 10 to 15 working days.
- If the EPF member is suitable, then he or she can transfer the PF amount within 7 to 10 working days.
- If the EPF member is appropriate, they can advance against their corpus fund and benefit within 5 to 7 days.
- There is no documentation needed for the above.
- EPF members can not withdraw their money online.
- EPF member can not transfer their EPF account to their new employer PF Account through an online process.
- In case of any emergency, EPF members can not avail of the advance against the PF accumulated.
- The EPF member can not withdraw the PF amount. For claiming the PF amount, the employee needs to submit the claim form with EPFO Office.